Author Topic: Intro and JD info  (Read 13522 times)

Valican

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Valican.6572
Re: Intro and JD info
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 12:20:22 PM »
Me:
My name is Ivo Nieskens, 28 years and live in The Netherlands in Limburg. I studied Electrical Engineering in which I am now working. In my spare time (next to GW ofc.) I play guitar, sports and drive my motorized bycicle :p And to top it al off with a cherry, this can't be missing in one from Limburg, beer... I like my beers :-)

Guild Wars Universe:
I started playing GW1 since early stages and could barely stop playing. When they announced GW2 would be a complete new game w/o character transfer I somewhat performed a ragequit xD
GW2 started for me 2-4 weeks after release (was on a business trip at release).

Jade Reapers & me:
Quite new to the team but so far you've all been great. I'm curious as to what JD will bring me ^_^

Let's make it awesome!

Brutal

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Jdaze.7580
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 12:08:36 PM »
Hi,

My name is Jonas D'Haese, 25 years and from Belgium(dutch).
I work at the Volvo Cars Ghent plant, assembling the engine together.

GW:
I started to play years ago but never got far or always lost my intrest until my borther Yoren (Auliara) told me we could earn HoM points for GW2. So i started last year in march playing till GW2 came out and gathered 30 HoM points with a new character.

In GW2 i joined The Antagonists because it's a dutch guild. i was an officer there. We had an active time but lately there was no activity, so everyone left or came here. So now i'm here since a few days and im surprised how many people here are :p.
So i think that's me...got any questions, go ahead and tell me!

Greetz

sprite

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: sprite.4721
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »
Hi all :)

I'm Cassandra van Dijk and I am from the Netherlands, I live near Amsterdam.
I am incredibly happily married and we have 2 children, both pubers at the moment, so we have lots of challenges :)

GuildWars was the first 'real' game I played. To give you an impression: my first week I didn't do much more than running into walls and becoming stuck in odd places. Had to learn the controls!
Got hooked on GW pretty soon. Loved the graphics, the quests, the missions, the music. Expanded to Factions and Nightfall, and Eye of the North. Played a couple of chars to max level and end game and spent a lot of time exploring. One of the things I really liked about GW was that once you left town, you didn't meet enemy players.
I had a break playing games due to some personal stuff, and when I came back on GW, it was as good as dead.

Waited for GW2 to arrive, bought it immediately and started playing. And I was kinda shocked that they changed the feature of not meeting other players outside of the towns. Had to get used to it.
Now that I have, I love it! No enemy players camping, but teamwork instead.
Joined a guild, had some fun there, but slowly it went dead and now there's nobody online anymore, at any time. Took me a little while to leave, cause I am the loyal type.

Decided, saw Bruticus's message in Main chat, whispered and the rest, as they say, is history.

Looking forward to leveling my chars and getting good enough to join you guys in all those great guild activities. Your website and everything you do really blows my mind.

Draga

• View Profile
  • Account name: Nekodraga.4769
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 11:47:51 PM »
Heya guys.

My name is Connor Hayward, I'm 19 and I'm from the south east of England.
I'm nothing more than a lowly cleaner/dishwasher at a local pizza place, but it's a good job and I have fun.

I never played the original Guild Wars, but I was pretty interested when I found out about GW2. I ended up getting it for Christmas but stopped playing it after a few days. I recently started playing again and now I'm hooked.

I decided to join JD after taking part in today's Whickerwind Festival. I had such a great time that I thought I should join up with you guys. And I'm glad I did.

Gaurdicus

• View Profile
  • Account name: Yoren.4163
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 07:57:36 AM »
Well Conner, you took a great guild to join!
I myself joined the guild a month or 2 ago and i'm glad i did. It's a fun guild with lots of cool people in it.
So welcome to the guild and if u ever need help just ask in guild chat and we'll help you out.

Lizzy Pantalaimon

• View Profile
  • Account name: Lizzy Pantalaimon.9257
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »
Hey guys!

My name name is Evert Lamers and I live in the Netherlands. I'm becoming 19 years old upcoming Friday (3rd of may). During the weekend I live with my parents and older brother near Eindhoven, but during the week I live in Utrecht where I study medicine at the university. So some day I will be a doctor for all the JD members haha  8).

GW1:
I started playing gw1 when factions came out. I bought nightfall a couple weeks after it's release too and eotn and props some time later. I've been with JD for I believe three years or so. I joined near the end of it's glorious time. I learned the lot of the people by just chatting with them. It has always been anice and warm place for me. Special thanks go to trixxy and chaos for helping me on the harder HM missions ghehehe. At JD I made nearly all of the 40/50 hom points I got.

In gw2:
I definitely like JD's style in gw2 so far. I don't have time to play a lot usually but at the time I am online there is always something to do.

Oh guys before I forget: as some of you noticed already, the name Lizzy Pantalaimon is indeed a reference to the golden compass. I love the books!

Well that's me. See you guys in-game!

Salutations , Lizzy

Juuha

• Officer
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Juuha.1345
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »
Hellow!

About me

My name is Juha Ritakoski (Jhemon in game) and I was born on the 29th of April, 1995. I live in Finland and I love the cold. I'm currently in high school and will most probably be advancing to higher level mathematics in uni.

History

I started playing video games at a very young age, I remember playing my first game when I was 5 years old. Playstation 2 had just come out and me and my sister got one as a christmas present. After that, the snowball had fallen into motion, not too long after playing the ps2, I got a gameboy advance and a bunch of games for that. I played A LOT of pokémon back then and still think pokémon blue is the best one. At the age of the 10 I got my first computer and started playing all kinds of games. I played through a selection of shooters, rpgs and puzzle games.

GW and JD

I never played GW1, which makes me very sad. Fortunately though when GW2 was close to coming out, I jumped right on it. I preordered it almost right after seeing the trailers and made it to the beta tests. I tried out a bunch of characters, but didn't want to get into it too much as I saw that there were things to refined. I insisted, to Orgur, on going to the Aurora Glade server because it had the most awesome name and I don't regret that choice at all. Not long before the christmas event, the guild started dying and after christmas it was pretty much dead. I took a break at that time as well.

When I came back, Huntress Sirona sent me a pm to restart our guild, but as he wasn't the old leader he decided to "recreate" the guild and we became a relatively small guild. After a while our guild was merged with the JD and I was a bit afraid at first (meeting such a huge mass at one time), but I soon got to know people and started to feel myself at home. I remember my first guild event in JD. It was so much fun and refreshing from the same old same old grinding stuff and winning in it was only a bonus.

Ever since I joined JD, I think it was the right choice. Thanks for having me!

Huzzaah! :)

Jhemon

LSDelusions

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: LSDelusions.6284
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 09:48:21 AM »
Hello hello!

Game toons:
Cordelia Rotherwood, Nallaz

Personal info:
My name is James (the English equivalent of Dimitris).
Born and raised in hot and annoying Athens, Greece in 23/10/1988! :P
Undergrad student in biology in University of Athens, and planning on combing with tons of math, algotithms and coding!
Love reading literature and philosophy, sketching anime and cartoons and playing harmonica (still too n00b at it xD)!

GW2 info:
I joined GW2 since a friend of mine and guildie played GW2 and got my hyped over this mmorpg! So here I am. I'm enjoying it very very much and JD is one amazing guild, with tons of fun people who actually gives a fuck about its members without neglecting the game! :D
Best moment so far...
Dead baby, offensive and feministic jokes on TS3 with farnes and Adima (he nearly choked!!) for 45 mins! Should record this, but I didn't damn it...
I'm looking forward to more fun times! :3
Thanks for letting me in this roller coaster of awesomeness! Huzzaaaaaaaahhhh~!

P.S.   B( .  )(  . )BS  xD xD xD

Geitekaas

• View Profile
  • Account name: Koeien Kaas
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 05:22:06 PM »
Heya all,

I think it is time I introduce myself here. I have been in JD for a while now.

Personal information:
My name is Michiel and I'm from The Netherlands like many in this guild.
I grew up in Wageningen and now living in Utrecht as a masters student (Cancer Genomics and Developmental Biology). I started this year February so still some time to go.
My biggest hobby (after playing gw2 ofc  ;) ) is playing tennis. I'm also really busy with the students tennis club here in Utrecht.

My gaming history:
I started playing videogames at a friends house, the oldest game I can remember is Tanks in windows DOS. During the years I played several games, a big one is Runescape. I played RS for 6-7 years, with all the ups and downs. I had several lvl 99's and was officer of one of the best Dutch Clans at that time.

I also played GW1, but only for a short time. I was the first MMORPG I played and I had to get used to it. At first I played GW1 with some RL friends but they all stopped playing (weaklings) and then I lost interest in it.

While doing a internship in New Zealand I saw an add for the Beta for GW2, being a good student I didn't wanted to register for it at my internship, however later that night at home the registration for the Beta was already closed  :( .

A year later I bought the game and here I am!

I don't know exactly when I joined JD (sometime before Chirstmas 2012), but I cant imagine playing this game without JD. Many fun times in game and on TS. JD helped me with my first legendary (mostly Chaos and Xicer ^^) and the dungeon master title.

May the future bring a lot of fun and awesome times!

Cheers,
Geitekaas (Goatcheese)

ps I know weird name  ;D
All you need is Cheese

Uvishnu

• Guild Member
  • Village Idiot
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Uvishnu.9084
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »
Hi, my name is Kenny and im an alchoholic (chef)