Author Topic: Squads  (Read 1778 times)

Becca

Squads
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:32:27 PM »
Bumping my posts up so i'm pasting a few things from Wiki that I think we should consider, even though we don't necessarily have to be grouped up to do the majority of the game as a guild

Squad
A Squad is a PvE/WvW tool for grouping large numbers of players together to pursue a particular goal.

Squad commanders can invite new players to a squad by selecting their characters. Players can join an existing squad by selecting the squad icon above the heads of characters in the squad.

Squad commander
To become a squad commander, purchase and activate a Commander's Compendium from a trainer; once enabled, the character can become a squad commander at any time. However, each character must acquire their own manual.

Notes
Squads are allowed to send messages via the squad chat channel
A squad icon will be shown over the heads of characters that are members of the squad; these cannot be seen by members of another squad.
Squad commanders can use the map to place waypoints and specific commands, e.g. to designate a regroup location or the area to begin an attack.
The maximum size for a squad is not currently known.

Xicer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Account name: XicerJD.3815
Re: Squads
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:08:03 PM »
I think thats a great idea. Mostly because we could have a JD squad and let ppl join the squad while we play WvW and if we coordinate them rly good and win fights they will most likely come again to play in our squad or in the end join our guild...a nice way to promote the guild and have fun at the same time....

Farnes

• no, no. Mr.Farnes no home.
    • View Profile
  • Account name: farnes.4956
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 03:11:03 PM »
Do anyone know if Squad members are shown at the Map?

Yuber

• View Profile
  • Account name: YuberJD.4160
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »
im guessing they must be right?

it dont show enemys, maybe we get nice shiny red dot's for squadies

and im defo up for buying a commander token, bring on the Total War!!!

Farnes

• no, no. Mr.Farnes no home.
    • View Profile
  • Account name: farnes.4956
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 04:17:43 PM »
I would also like them to Add guild member on the map. Always cool to know if a guild member is hanging around you'r area ^^

Tieger

• Like a Boss!
  • Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: TiegerJD.2849
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 10:02:10 PM »
Yeah definitely agree with having Guild Members on the Compass, like party members.

Squads will be very useful for sure. Need to get [JD] Commanders recognised on the server  8)

Yuber

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
Oo Ra, idm bein a commander ^^ i like stragtegy etc, if people actually listent that is, and not just instantly think they know best...which im guessing is guna happen alot

but then idk how it's really guna work... commanders can lead partys, so wah...just a group of catapults moving into possition... orr... rite move 4 cata to here, move some arrow carts to here, prepare a fall back spot here, and a stand-by group here

if people will run it in a sense of 1 commander to a small group of people, then meh, personaly, with the correct placements, (which aint hard if uno wtf ur doing and not just saying "meh here will do" we could capture and controll any town in wvw, ston mist will be easy to defend from the huge towers u can place equip on...just not enough people running supplys etc.... u get people spamming cata and treb on the walla orr just behind........failers....they've made the forts/castels a way so they'r really easy to defend...as it should be therss no equal ground in attacking a castle to defending it defending will ALways be easyr, if u aint a tard and use ur eyes etc...

wot u guys rekon, how is this realy guna work??

i've seena guy bombing round from fort to fort last bwe...with like (musta been our entire side following him)...from one fort to another, yeas they were capturing them, then 30 seonds later the other teams fail train was wrapping it back up

Chaos

• ( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Chaos Zero.6837
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »
Oo Ra, idm bein a commander ^^ i like stragtegy etc,

Yuber as commander? Let's do this guys...Lerooooooooooooooy Jeeeeeeenkiiiiiinnsss

Yuber

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »
UUUbbbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  Yuberrrrrrrrrrr* u mean mate

Leeroy was kinda like fore-play...he was just a build up to the main event  ;D ;D ;D

Yuber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 11:08:33 PM »
nahh, il stick u guys in me back pocket ^^

jus make sure to vacate* when im sitting down ;p
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:35:07 PM by Yuber »

Chaos

• ( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Chaos Zero.6837
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 12:16:38 AM »
Had a look in the stress test that just ended, the commander thing costs 100 gold o.o unless I was blind..