Author Topic: Do we RAID as a guild??  (Read 3020 times)

Vissarion

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Vissarion.6509
Do we RAID as a guild??
« on: June 07, 2016, 09:42:23 pm »
I don't see much activity to this and i WANT TO RAID!!!!

but i don't wanna pug cause in most cases it ends in a disaster! and elitism bad elitism.

so i wait for answer on this subject pls...

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Jon (Elem)

• Guild Member
  • Always ready for almost anything!
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Master Dragon.6712
Re: Do we RAID as a guild??
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:22:38 am »
I've asked myself that sometimes...
I want to raid too, I'm almost ready, Metabattle build wise, and only missing some foods and maybe 1 or 2 ascended weapons.
I want to raid, but people in LFG don't want noobs so I can't do it.
If I'm online you can count with me man!  8)
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Xicer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Account name: XicerJD.3815
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 11:27:31 am »
We had guild runs which at first had a lot of people joining in. But in the last month people didn't bother to join.

It was 3-4 people so calling it a guild run made no sense and we removed it from our schedule because it is rude to officers who show up just for you guys, maybe they even postpone real life obligations and then nobody shows up. Imagine how you would feel after a time.

I believe if we introduce this again right now the same will happen again. When the new wing arrives, everyone will want to do it and then few weeks later it's dead again.

However we are thinking about ways to make it possible for you guys to organize raids with guildies without the need of officers. So everyone can potentially schedule a raid and gather people few days before and just go and do it.

Hope this answers your question in some way.

Vissarion

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Vissarion.6509
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 06:43:19 pm »
I would love to have a constant group within the guild that can clear most bosses (even after a lot of practice and wipes...) i guess after 400+ people in the guild its impossible to find 10 to get a team or something :P

Xicer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 07:20:58 pm »
i guess after 400+ people in the guild its impossible to find 10 to get a team or something :P

That's the sad part...when you have too many people not interested in this type of content

DoctorSleep

• Officer
    • View Profile
  • Account name: DoctorSleep.9517
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:42:28 am »
We need to regroup a bunch of guildies who wants to raid.

I'd like to raid myself with a group but it's kinda closed to the regulars who already do lots of it.

Xicer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 11:49:18 am »
I would suggest setting up raid days for semi exp and exp people which means there can be certain requirements (food checks, gear checks even LI checks or w/e).

So no training. If there will be a need for training we could set a raid day for that too.

Also that means no officers are required because i believe there is no need to hold hands. It's just a day and time for people to know when to gather, all organisation happens on discord and guild chat.

Another solution is to set "Raid leaders" and make them organize those runs.

But this is something to be discussed between higher ranks first. This is just a proposal that seems ok for me, but would like to hear what members think.

Ghost In The Trixxy

• Ghostly Hero
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Tunes yay
  • Account name: Trixxy.6937
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 12:37:02 pm »
Trixxy's 50coppers, doesnt even raid yet I still get all the messages, PM's and mails both inside and outside the guild and end up having to witness this crap.

<-- wants to see you guys raid, but do please keep it as non-toxic as possible. There will be basic things you'll need for raids like ascended jewelry and some odds, but please raid leaders while you will be reminding people of this don't be dicks about it. Enforce it to a CASUAL level only. And generally skills over gear, I WILL break current guild officer policy and straight up kick elitists out if I find out they dicked people over their gear and foods only to play shit themselves and be a greater liability to the group then a naked 250AP fresh newbie.

Raid Leaders and pretty much everyone involved, please be patient with your team. There will be people there with little technical and theoretical knowledge and experience (metabuild knobs) as well as first timers. Please be patient with them. Its there worst thing for the groups moral if people end up pulling out because of impatience and greed based frustration. Also newbies (and I'm looking at you Elem) while you're not expected to know everything or be MLG ESL skilled you will be expected to listen to your Raid leaders, focus on the raid, and show that you are learning the mechanics and generally giving a shit.

Vissarion, with gw2 raids in the state that they are in currently, getting a steady in-guild group to do regular successful raids is a fooking INVESTMENT that will take time and effort of everyone involved to get there. I personally hate raids not because of mechanics or bosses w/e, but because of the COMMUNITY IMPOSED barriers, that are locking people out of the content for no good reason. Perhaps Anet should have an easier version of the current raids (similar to the normal and hardmodes gw1 had) so peoples could at least have a better chance to experience the content and earn some (obviously not max) rewards without all the added bullshit, but until Anet wakes the fuck up and properly acknowledges and COUNTERACTS (rather then endorse) the toxic elements of the community, meh.. raids suck. We can get around it within the guild, but yeah like I said, its an INVESTMENT.

That's my 50coppers on the issue..  Also don't expect me to be joining raids personally, my gw2 times are limited between works and other stuffs so yeah, and if there is a need that I must be there then someone needs to be prepared to sponsor me with 14 ascended armor and weapon sets, as well as around 70 transmute charges  ;)   I joke,  but really...

"May Your Steps Be Relentless"

DoctorSleep

• Officer
    • View Profile
  • Account name: DoctorSleep.9517
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 02:18:59 pm »
I think the first thing we should do is to list all our guildies who actually raid pretty regulary. Players with a minimum of experience.

Then list the players who want to raid and have a little experience or not at all. Even the ones with expetience who don't raid anymore but want to go back at it.

mathiastemplar

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: mathias.9817
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 11:23:28 am »
I am finally geared for raids and would like to join as well.

Vaan

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Vaan.3160
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 09:02:40 pm »
I would like to start raiding soon too!