Author Topic: Changes to Jade Reapers voice communication  (Read 1408 times)

Xicer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Account name: XicerJD.3815
Changes to Jade Reapers voice communication
« on: April 09, 2016, 08:27:42 PM »
From tomorrow (April 10th) Jade Reapers won’t use TS3 anymore and we will be completely switching to Discord. We have been using TS3 for close to 10 years and have been paying for it for a long time. Around GW2 launch we pulled some strings with connections we had and managed to get it up and running for a lot less money (cheaper than you can find it anywhere).

However in those 10 years of using TS3 it hardly changed and new trends for gamers started to emerge that allow us to swap TS3 and/or WhatsApp for one single platform, a platform that is starting to be more and more popular called Discord.

There are a lot of benefits for using Discord so here are some that we think are most important:
  • It’s completely free. You just register and use it, or just go and use it.
  • It has both voice and text channels where you can chat with everyone in a lot cleaner interface and don’t need to use voice if you don’t feel like it.
  • It can run straight from your browser. You just type in the link and you are there, no need to install any app which makes it a lot easier for ppl to join guild missions and events in general.
  • It has both a desktop and mobile app which mean you can stay in touch with people from the guild on the go or even when you are not playing. (I know most of us use WhatsApp for this, but with Discord you don’t need to share your private numbers and stuff just to be in touch with ppl you like to play with).
  • There are a lot of bots, like the music bot, available for Discord already and a lot of stuff that we currently develop that will enable us to do a lot of fun and engaging things with you guys.
  • Built in game overlay to see who’s talking, even to see what game someone is playing (Who says you guys only need to play Guild Wars 2).

We believe that using Discord will bring a lot more people together than by just using TS3. We will leave TS3 running as a backup server if anything ever happens but Discord will from now on be our primary source of communication (voice and chatting) so please follow the link and become part of our “Community”.

Link to our Discord: discord.me/jade-reapers

If you have any questions, you will see a FAQ channel where you can ask any discord related questions and someone will try to answer them for you.

See you on Discord!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:09:04 AM by Xicer »

Juuha

• Officer
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Juuha.1345
Got it to launch when my I turn on my PC, so if I'm on my computer, I'll be there  :D

Jhemon

Xicer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Account name: XicerJD.3815
Ye I do the same. So even if I'm not in game i can still see the chats and talk to people :)

Bruticus

• Leader
  • we came we saw we kicked its ass.
    • View Profile
  • Account name: BruticusJD.8704
Re: Changes to Jade Reapers voice communication
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 07:14:02 AM »
Excellent and great work!!! \o/  8)