Author Topic: Jade Reapers Raid teams  (Read 3253 times)

Bruticus

• Leader
  • we came we saw we kicked its ass.
    • View Profile
  • Account name: BruticusJD.8704
Jade Reapers Raid teams
« on: November 27, 2015, 07:52:41 AM »
Raiding Heads Up starting at 4 december

Intro

Raids have come to GW2!

Ok, so we realise there is some interest in the new raiding content and we would like, in some way, to structure guild raiding so that all (or as many as possible) can enjoy

We thought it best to therefore provide a quick "Heads Up" of what will be expected if you wish to participate.

Be under no illusion, raiding is the most challenging content seen in GW2 to date and it will not be for all. There is a certain amount of discipline required for successful raiding, so whilst not wanting to sound too regimented, it’s probably best to lay down some ground rules so that all are on the same wavelength.

General

Firstly, you will need patience! Many bosses will require 10 hours+ practice before meaningful progress is made. Come with a smile ;D

Secondly, you will need to know your class. Know its specific builds and understand your role within the team. There is no room for leeching!

Finally, be prepared - Watch vids, read tactics and gather as much information as possible to ensure a smooth run.

Ok; so hopefully the info below will help everyone have fun. Feel free to comment and/or provide feedback or discuss with an officer if you have any issues/ideas

Raid Days

Raid days are to be - Friday

The idea is that we try and form 2-3 raid groups.

There will be a designated Raid Leader (RL). Teams will be balanced to ensure some more experienced members (i.e. perhaps those with previous kills) are in each group whilst trying to keep good composition.

Please understand that raids are only formed of 10 people so unfortunately not all will necessarily be able to join. However, we will endeavour to form as many viable groups as possible.

Please be patient with raid team selection and don’t get emo :'( if not in the raid.

Raid Times

Raid times are to be - 20:00 to 22:00 CET

It will be expected that you are prepared and ready to go on time and have set aside 2 hours for the full raid as it will make it very difficult if we have to keep swapping out people.

If the RL permits and the rest of the team are happy, then the time might be extended, but no one will be obligated to stay. The RL will also call it as deemed fit as it can be counterproductive to go on too long or if hitting your head against a brick wall :P

Team Speak/Communication

We consider Team Speak a specific requirement for raiding. Communication is key to raid progress.

Be prepared to listen to the RL and take on board the tactics provided. Feel free to offer ideas etc. but try and keep the channel open as far as practical. If talking, keep it brief and concise and use push to talk ;)

A mic is not a prerequisite, but will help.

The raid will be formed as a squad and potentially sub grouped. Use /d to chat in squad and /p for party/sub group. Again keep it brief and concise. Use /squadjoin [raidleader] to join a raid.

Link for TS: voip.jade-reapers.com

Preparation

Gearing/Pre-requisites

Ok, so this can be a tricky one as it can be an emotive subject. However, please understand that this is not an elitist thing but unfortunately the fact is that without a certain level of gear the raid will not be successful.

It is expected that your character is nearing full ascended geared.

As a minimum, ensure all your trinkets and preferably weapons are ascended as this can bring around a 10% boost over exotic. Work on armour last as this will only add around another 2%.

Certain masteries may improve or even be required for some encounters - the first boss encounter benefits from blazing speed mushroom and the second requires Updraft use, for example. Be sure to have that mastery unlocked!

Optimise Builds

Investigate the appropriate and optimal build for your role within the raid and consider specifics to the boss encounter. You will need to min/max so be prepared to re-forge gear, get new sigils/runes and have alternative trinkets or even alts you might want to call upon!

Use websites such as Metabattle:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

Early bosses within Spirit Vale (certainly the first) loosely require a raid composition of one tank, 1 healer/support and 8 dps (of which some will be condi)

Fulfil the role to which you are assigned i.e. if dps - go full out dps. Generally speaking, don’t go half way or decide to change role without the RL knowing!

Consumables

Bring with you all the food/oil/stones etc. you will need for the duration of the raid. Try not to skimp on cheap stuff if possible! Investigate which are optimal for your class and role.

RL will bring any specific food if required for specific encounters and/or banners if it helps.

Tactics

Read up on tactics and watch vids for the bosses you are likely to encounter. Do not expect the RL to hold your hand and discuss every minor detail of the encounter. Specifically, ensure you are aware of your duty and any tricks/tips that will help optimise your role.

Check our website for updates and posts for bosses/encounters:

>> Raid Guide: Spirit Vale Bosses  << - (for example)

Etiquette

Finally, some simple bullet points for general etiquette:

•   Be prepared and ready on time
•   Listen to RL
•   Keep TS channel open and use push to talk
•   Don’t AFK unannounced
•   Keep AFK to a minimum - RL will call bio breaks!
•   Be patient and polite
•   Help others

Have fun! ;D

POST made by Papalazza thanks bud!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:07:39 PM by Bruticus »

Bruticus

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Reapers Raid teams
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 07:57:55 AM »
Here is a dulfy guide for the first boss!

Check this out! If you fail horrible at training we can see that you have not checked the guide and i will not be friendly then but i will turn PURE EVIL  ;D

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/20/gw2-vale-guardian-raid-boss-guide/

8)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:05:58 AM by Bruticus »

Bruticus

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 12:08:25 PM »

Mewtiny

• View Profile
  • Account name: Oneeyedowl.6859
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 01:33:32 PM »
Consider me in, Brut-chan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ghost In The Trixxy

• Ghostly Hero
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Tunes yay
  • Account name: Trixxy.6937
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 06:38:13 PM »
Consider me in, Brut-chan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

:o this one is brave.

"May Your Steps Be Relentless"

Vissarion

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Vissarion.6509
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 04:49:07 PM »
OH NOOOO i wanted so much something like this, but friday/weekends i cant log in for raiding, can we make a second day on weekdays, like tuesday or wednesday??

Glad that we are doing something like this cause i am so fed up with raiding and on the edge to ignore that content...frustration ;(

GlorasVOB

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: GlorasVOB.3481
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 05:15:01 PM »
My body is ready, and soon Darghorr will be too

Evans

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: Evans.6347
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 02:44:08 PM »
All right, I'm certainly going to join the 11th (alas, I can't on the 4th).

One thing though, Raids might not be for everyone but...

"Read up on tactics and watch vids for the bosses you are likely to encounter. Do not expect the RL to hold your hand and discuss every minor detail of the encounter. Specifically, ensure you are aware of your duty and any tricks/tips that will help optimise your role."

Why not? I have watched all boss encounters, I did read up on them. Still, that's something quite different from actually doing it. Why is it a bad thing to explain to people what is expected from them? This leaves no room for confusion later on.

Also, I do hope there is some leniency here. This whole raiding thing has gotten me nervous and anxious about failing, even though that's ridiculous. I hope the teams will be focused on winning as a group and not as individuals, because persecuting your fellow guild members is imho the worst thing you can do.

Bruticus

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 10:02:33 AM »
Evans, My point with it all is. This post has 133 views. Probally 50-60 times been a officer or me.
I want people to be prepared.
With holding hands we mean i don't wanna explain how to stand in a green circle.
I don't want to explain what happens when you get hit by blue.

Errors can be made and shit will make loads! Even i still make mistakes and boom FAIL.

I just want people to watch the video and read the info that is needed to kill it!
The rest will be learned by Experience.
I myself hate the BLA BLA BLA shit on TS all the time. I want to kill, Kill it with fire!!!!!!

So come prepared so that it is easier to explain things when needed and to talk about tactics thats it.

Raiding is not for everybody indeed! it is not for people who can't be asked to prepare themself for battle.

If you come prepared... then i will spend  all my time in the world for you to explain and show you how to kill The Vale Gaurdian and i will make sure you will kill it!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:05:16 AM by Bruticus »

Evans

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 01:28:04 PM »
Awesome! Jolly good show.

Evans

• Guild Member
    • View Profile