Author Topic: The Blacklist - make your PUG life safer  (Read 1769 times)

mathiastemplar

• Guild Member
    • View Profile
  • Account name: mathias.9817
The Blacklist - make your PUG life safer
« on: October 16, 2015, 12:24:12 PM »
Hi guys,

So this might be slightly controversial, and I wasn't sure if I was going to post the thread - and it can be closed if you disagree with me :)

So lately I've seen a lot of my fellow guildies being kicked from PUGs just before various bosses - Fractals in particular.
What I would like to do, is create a list with names and guild tags of the people who kicked you to either sell the spot or to replace you with one of their mates.
That way we can refer to this list and at least avoid some of the rotten eggs.

So please post in this thread with names/tags/descriptions and I will compile it into the thread.
Please be 100% sure that the people you post ACTUALLY comitted a crime, we don't want innocents in this list....

LIST
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:27:05 PM by mathiastemplar »

OniScOrP

• View Profile
  • Account name: OniScOrP.4762
Re: The Blacklist - make your PUG life safer
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »
Heya

I agree with this measure to a certain degree, someone should also try to pm the marked players to hear their side of the story cause a JD could be wrong in his actions hence being kicked from the party.
Allways a difficult thing for the guy responsible for this measure to do.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:08:41 PM by OniScOrP »

LovelySweetie

• View Profile
  • Account name: Sweetie.6590
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 11:49:17 AM »
Lucky for me never had that issue but the most pain is now last few days instance full bugg :D

Ghost In The Trixxy

• Ghostly Hero
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Tunes yay
  • Account name: Trixxy.6937
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 07:09:09 PM »
 :P I don't mind trying to get in touch with marked/accused/suspected baddies (or at least fleshing out the stories). Will give me extra entertainment and incentive to log on more  ;).

Can be done, but there will need to be two categories -  one for suspected bad apples (who err are not to be treated as guilty yet but yeah exercise your own caution etc) and one for confirmed bad apples. Because as much as I "#wuv" all of you, we have be 150% sure we are correct when it comes to putting warning labels on other players. We do not want to black list people based on inaccurate or incomplete stories or personal issues (as its something that I've personally gotten into some irreversible trouble with before, believe it or not, which I wouldn't want to go through again on either a personal or guild level).

Also, while it can happen that an entire guild can be full of rats, we shouldn't be too quick to blacklist entire guilds for two semi-related reasons. Firstly, actions of offenders are most likely not true reflections of their guild (which is why we kick bad apples out of JD  ;) ) and secondly, if, on the total 180, a guild is a total rats nest, blacklisting the whole guild can make it pretty hard for the few decent people who want to leave and join better guilds later ( if those awesome people want to join us later for example :P ).

Anyways so, if people are running into problems with peoples so much so that you'd want to submit the story and evidences etc to our blacklists, then get into contact with your nearest officers and co-leads etc via the forums, or in game mails etc. Please do try and take screenshots of dramas, makes it easy to prove/disprove stories. Do also include accurate character names and account names of offenders.

Once the lists start taking shape they will (for now) be placed where only JD and "friends" will be able to access it (in a special TS channel maybe, just an idea for now). Also, the contents of these lists including any investigations will be discussed ONLY within the circle of "JD and Friends" for the sake of our reputation. While its helpful to know what people we should be avoiding, its bad for our reputation to go around talking others down, even if its true.

Meep meep. That's all I got on this for now.  :-\

PS:  ;D ;D ;D ;D Huzzaaahhhhh for Xicer #takingittothenextlevel getting engaged.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:25:27 PM by Trixxy »

"May Your Steps Be Relentless"